Fourth quarter is when clients are working on 2016 advertising budgets – or in some cases – when they are starting to develop 2016 plans. It is a crazy time of year for us, but an exciting time as well!
We used to say that it took three years for media to change and adapt. Now, the time period has shortened to one year! We’ve also had to adapt to the fast pace of change to ensure we understand how consumers’ current media habits are affecting their media decisions – and ultimately – our media plans for our clients. It’s an exciting time to be in the media industry and I’m invigorated every day with the introduction of new technology and new media partners, as well as the opportunities that they offer our clients.
So, to the companies who are searching for something new, here are a few questions to ask yourselves as you start your media planning for 2016:
- What do you wish was different about your media selection?
- Do you feel good about the ROI on your media investment? Are you generating tangible results?
- How do you know you are getting the right media cost?
- Is your media partner allocating your dollars in the right space?
- Is your media partner proficient and skilled?
- Are you ready for a change?
- Do you have the infrastructure to support change?
- Are your competitors beating you at the digital game?
- Have you embraced the social environment?
- How are you measuring your media investment?
Your media dollars are an investment both short term and long term. Invest well!
If you have trouble answering any of these questions, or you simply don’t like the answers you’re finding, we’re here to help. Drop us a line or give us a call at (804) 741-7115 and we’re happy to provide a free 30-minute consultation.
Contributor: Aurelia Lewis